HOw to enter
2. You3Dit Inc. will contact you for a 3D Design file or help you create one.
3. Come to SF Moto in San Francisco to pick up your 3D Printed part.
4. Expert judges will determine winners based on 3 categories:
a) Best Sketch b) Best Design and c) Best Full Prototype
NOTE: Entries must be made between 9/10/2016 and 10/18/2016 to qualify.
*By submitting an idea, you'll be entered into the "Best Sketch" category. To qualify for the "Best Design" and "Best Full Prototype" categories, your sketch must be successfully made into a 3D Design file as well as a 3D print, respectively.
**Need some help getting started? Check out this SFmototype Getting Started and FAQs PDF
The fine print
OFFICIAL RULES AND REGULATIONS
SF Moto and You3Dit presents the “SFmototype Prototype Challenge”. Submissions will be accepted beginning at 10:00am PST on September 10, 2016 and ending at 5:59pm PST on October 18, 2016. The contest is sponsored and hosted by SF Moto (275 8th St., San Francisco, CA 94103) and You3Dit (https://www.you3dit.com/).
1. NO PURCHASE NECESSARY: Entrants/Winners must be legal residents of the U.S. who are 18 years of age or older at the time of entry. Prizes can be redeemed in person or as arranged by SF Moto (shipping charges may apply) and may not be exchanged for any other products or services. NO LIMIT on the total number of eligible designs that can be submitted by eligible contestants for each round of the prize voting.
2. HOW TO ENTER: Entrants must: A. Have an active Instagram® account (https://www.instagram.com/) B. Upload photos to Instagram and tag @SFmototype in the picture with the hashtag #sfmototype in the caption (entries uploaded before the contest start date are ineligible). Instructions can be found at http://www.sfmototype.com/
3. CONTACT: By entering the Contest, you agree to be contacted by SF Moto and You3Dit Inc., only as it may relate to the Contest.
4. DESIGNS: Sketches and Designs must be your original work and you must have full ownership rights. Images of the printed items become the property of SF Moto and You3Dit, whom will have the right, without further consideration, to modify and/or use them in its publications, promotional materials, web site, and in any other publication for promotional purposes.
5. ELIGIBILITY: To participate in the Contest, you must (i) be a legal resident of the United States or the District of Columbia; (ii) be at least 18 years of age at the time of entry; (iii) and must follow the instructions to participate. Excluded are all employees of SF Moto and You3Dit and any parent, subsidiary and affiliated companies of each, as well as their agents and representatives. This offer is void wherever prohibited and subject to all federal, state and local laws.
6. PRIZE WINNER SELECTIONS: Prizes will be anonymously judged by industry experts selected by SF Moto and You3Dit.
7. PRIZES: Prizes must be claimed by Monday, January 1, 2017. Prize Winners will be notified by a comment on their Instagram photo from the official SF Moto account “@SFmototype” and must follow the instructions provided and submit any required paperwork to collect the prize. Limit one prize per individual.
8. Contest ends at 5:59pm PST on October 18, 2016. Neither SF Moto, You3Dit nor any of its agents, employees, parents, affiliates or subsidiaries are responsible for lost, late, damaged, misdirected, incomplete entries, or for hardware or software or any telephone, electronic, network or computer malfunctions, failures, errors or data inaccuracies. In the event this contest becomes technically corrupt in any way, electronically or otherwise, the sponsors reserve the right to cancel, terminate, or suspend the contest. In such an event, winners will be selected for any remaining prizes by random drawing from among all valid entries received before cancellation, termination or suspension.
9. All aspects of SFmototype are NON-TRANSFERABLE and NO SUBSTITUTIONS are allowed. All prizes MUST be redeemed IN PERSON at SF Moto or as arranged by SF Moto (shipping charges may apply). No cash equivalent or exchange of prize is permitted. Any and all local and state or federal taxes and DMV registration resulting from winning and accepting a prize is the responsibility of the winner.
10. Entrants, by participating in the Contest agree to waive (and potential winners in accepting their prize, must agree in writing to waive) any and all claims of liability against SF Moto, You3Dit and their parent, subsidiary and affiliated companies and agencies, representatives and employees from any accident, loss or injury occurring from this promotion or in any way related to the prize/prototype or the use or misuse thereof. Additionally a signed release is required prior to receiving the 3D printed item.
11. Winners hereby agree to the use of their names, addresses (city, state), photographs and likeness for purposes of advertising, trade and promoting in any and all media on behalf of SF Moto and affiliated companies, without further compensation, except where prohibited by law.
12. For a list of SFmototype prize winners, available after January 1, 2017, send a self-addressed, stamped envelope by January 31, 2017 to:
SF Moto / Attn: Director of Social Media
275 8th Street
San Francisco, CA 94103